Thursday, August 14, 2014

Oddly inspired.

I'm...it's really bad timing, but a recent article I found on a blog has inspired me to write about actual science.  Sadly, due to the combined effect of my ongoing relocation and next week's planned schedule, you will have to wait until September to read about it. 

Which, you know, given that it looks like yet another project I've worked on has hit the "this isn't getting published" zone from my past postdoctoral position (I had one in grad school, despite yearly attempts for about four years after graduating to get my advisor to act in some positive manner towards it), is saying something.

In short, I think the trick is to select research projects that require effort to progress - not effort to keep them from collapsing into a singularity from which nothing can escape. 



No comments:

Post a Comment